Harvey Vogel recently expanded its manufacturing arsenal to include 5 axis waterjet cutting. This new state of the art, 60,000 psi Flow Mach 3 waterjet offers an extremely wide range of processing capabilities:
- · Will cut up to 6” thick of nearly any material and hardness, (except diamond or tempered glass).
- · Eliminates thermal expansion and HAZ (Heat Affected Zone)
- · No issues with processing reflective materials as for our laser systems.
- · Cutting speeds up to 300 ipm., sheet sizes 6’ x 12’ and under.
- · Accuracy of .002 over 3 linear feet.
5 axes of motion will open new doors for HV and its customers. The waterjet, when combined with our expansive equipment list, allows HV engineering staff to take a surgical approach in selecting ideal methods of manufacturing.
5 axis waterjet cutting:
- · Will eliminate edge taper, which accompanies all laser, punching and conventional waterjet practice.
- · Improves edge quality, providing a cleaner surface and faster cutting speeds, without sacrificing quality.
See for yourself: Dynamic Waterjet (click for YouTube video)